Monday, December 9, 2013

Christmas Stories



There are many reason why I enjoy Christmas every year.  It's definitely not the shopping, which I reflected a bit in my story, Four Weeks 'til Christmas.  It is about the heart.  All the heart-felt aspects.  Giving gifts to those you care about.  Seeing a child's face light up when that gift is under the tree.  Helping those less fortunate and letting them know that someone cares; that they do matter. It's magical.  Like the way the world hushes as snow drifts and blankets the world in white during the midnight hours.  When everything looks clean, even if just until the plow drivers start their shift.  :)

I enjoy the stories.  The stories of Christmas miracles and love.  I must've downloaded close to a dozen Christmas romances over the past two weeks.  Much like my own story, most of them are short.  After all, it is a busy time of the year.  We have time to watch a movie, but not a trilogy.  So, we have time for a short story.  And, by the end, something wonderful has happened...who doesn't have time for that??

Anyway, those are some of the reasons I enjoy Christmas.  Oh and the lights...either driving around in the car and looking at the displays in the neighborhood or sitting by the tree, in the dark, mesmerized by the blinking lights.  Something peaceful about it all.  The songs, they always touch my heart and bring tears to my eyes.

Okay, so there isn't much I don't love about the season.  And, I could go on a tangent about what those few things are, but I don't want to go there.  I want to bask in the beauty of Christmas.  And, I want that for you too.

Love & Blessings,

~Jayn~

No comments:

Post a Comment